TEMPORARY CANCELLATION TERMS
ILA has put in place a temporary cancellation policy to remove any financial risk for you when making a booking during this period of uncertainty.
Any immersion stays scheduled in 2021 can be cancelled without any fees 1 week prior to arrival.
For cancellations 6 days or less prior to arrival :
- Only a 50% cancellation fee will be applied (usually 75%/100%)
- In case of cancellation due to travel restrictions, quarantine etc. students can postpone their stay FREE OF CHARGE for 18 months. A voucher valid for 18 months will be issued which can be used by you, an acquaintance or a family member. The amount of the voucher will be equal to the total amount of the payments made and shall not give rise to any increase in rates on the same service within this period.
Online and Hybrid Courses
You are entitled to 1 h trial lesson to make sure your internet connection is good and you can follow your course in good conditions.
After this trial lesson, any started course is due.
COVID 19 – SAFETY RULES
Students agree to follow all hygiene rules and safety regulations as defined on the French Health Ministry website and by the French government’s decree of May 11th 2020.
Health & safety recommendations and rules are subject to change as the pandemic evolves.
Some of these include:
- regular, proper hand washing and sanitising
- limiting gatherings to max.10 people in any public place, especially outside the school during breaks
- maintaining physical/social distance of minimum 1 meter, refraining from personal contact with other students, staff and teachers (no handshakes, no kissing or hugging)
- Students must arrive at school at the time given to them and must disinfect their hands upon arrival at school.
- Students agree to arrive with a clean mask.
- They agree to sanitise and disinfect several times a day all equipment they wish to use at school (phones/tablettes/laptops etc), and not sharing any personal items (i.e. masks, pens, phones/tablets, cutlery etc) unless disinfecting them beforehand.
- Students will bring their own thermometer and check their temperature every morning before going to school. In case of fever, they should stay at home and inform the school.
- Students must inform the reception staff with no delay in case of any sign of infection (caught, fever etc). They will then follow their instructions.
- In case of contamination, quarantine might be demanded by Heath authorities to a student or a contact case. Students will have to self-isolate at their own expense.
- Anyone found not complying with Health & Safety Regulations inside or outside the school or
Accommodation will not be allowed in the school or accommodation /school/ transport, and will have return home at their own expense with no possibility of refund.
In order to avoid photocopies circulating in class, numeric resources will be favoured.
Please bring your laptop or tablet to access the material needed for your course.
During the sanitary crisis, especially in case our school would be forced to close further to a 2nd wave from a cluster, remaining courses will be given online without any possible request for refund.
The school reserves the right to offer online courses instead of or alternately with face-to-face courses.
Please note that the library and computer rooms will remain shut during the sanitary crisis. Online resources will be at your disposal.
Each classroom is equipped with air conditioning with an air renewal system.
Although all our host families will have to follow a sanitary protocole to ensure students safety, students booking accommodation in a host family must be aware that social distancing will be difficult. Corridors are generally approx. 80 cm wide. Bathroom, kitchen and meals are shared with the whole family, which imply close contacts.
Sanitizers will be put at student’s disposal to disinfect frequently touched surfaces such as doorknobs, microwaves, fridges, cupboard handles etc.
Hotels and residences must follow a protocol given by the French government different from the one we have implemented at school. ILA is in no way responsible for the correct application of these protocols.
Neither ILA nor the students host family or accommodation options will be held responsible in case of any illness.
We remind students that according to the article 11 of our general T&C, FULL INSURANCE IS MANDATORY
« Students must subscribe full insurance in order to cover all risks (theft, accident, any kind of illness etc) during their stay, during transportation between ILA and their accommodation, in their accommodation, during courses, excursions, social activities and events organized by ILA.
ILA is not responsible for any incidences that occur during students’ stay. ILA has taken all necessary safeguards with AXA insurance company to cover all risks associated with operating its commercial activities. »
As mentioned above, quarantine might be demanded by Heath authorities to a student who has Covid-19 or to a contact case. Students will have to self-isolate at their own expense. You are strongly advised to check this point with your insurance or social security company.
We have taken all the necessary measures in terms of health safety in accordance with the French Health Ministry recommendations. However, students must be aware that a risk of contamination during their stay cannot be excluded. Neither ILA, their staff, nor their host family or accommodation options will be held responsible, in any jurisdiction, in case of contamination.
Updated on January 05, 2021