1. What information about you do we collect?
ILA collects your information to operate effectively and provide you with the best experiences with our services. The specific kind of information collected will depend on the context of your interactions with ILA, and the services you use. The following are examples of the information that may be collected:
- Contact information (such as name, email address, mailing address, and phone number);
- Payment information (including payment card numbers, billing address, and bank account information);
- Demographic data (such as age, gender, country, and preferred language);
- Information related to your reservation or your stay;
- Information necessary to fulfill your special requests;
- Copies of your correspondence if you contact us;
- Information related to your use and interaction with our website.
We collect this information in a variety of ways, including:
- Automatic Information: When you use or interact with our website and/or use any apps that we may make available on our website, we receive and store information generated by your activity and information automatically collected from your browser or mobile device. For example, like many websites, we obtain certain information when your web browser accesses our website including your IP address, browser type, operating system, mobile network data, pages viewed and access times. This information helps us to communicate with our customers and better understand them.
- Age Limitations: ILA does not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from our website from any person under the age of 18. ILA may collect personally identifiable information from people under the age of 18 as part of the guest registration process, but always with the consent of such person’s parent or guardian.
2. How do we use your information?
ILA collects your information to operate effectively and provide you with the best experiences with our services. ILA may collect, use, and disclose the information it collects for a variety of reasons, including for the following purposes:
- Fulfillment of Reservation: We may process information relating to transactions that you enter into with us and/or through our website (“transaction data”). The transaction data may be processed for the purpose of completing your reservation, customizing our services to your preferences, seeking your feedback on your stay, and keeping proper records of those transactions.
- Response to Inquiries: We may process information contained in or relating to any communication that you send to us (“correspondence data”). The correspondence data may include the communication content and metadata associated with the communication. The correspondence data may be processed for the purposes of communicating with you and record-keeping.
- Internal Business Purposes: For our internal business purposes, such as data analysis, audits, enhancing the website, improving our services, identifying usage trends and visiting patterns, and meeting contractual obligations.
- Administrative and Other Communications: To send you important information regarding our website, or other administrative information (e.g., information about your travel reservations, such as reservation confirmations).
- Marketing: To communicate news and promotions to you relating to ILA services and other products and services we think may be of interest to you.
- Our Legal Duties: To comply with legal and regulatory requirements or demands in accordance with applicable law, a court order, subpoena, or other legal process.
- Additional Uses: We may also use your data other ways as described to you when you provide such information to us.
The legal basis for processing your personal information is made up of one or more of the following reasons: (i) your consent, and/or (ii) providing the services you have requested, and/or (iii) compliance with applicable laws, regulations, court orders or other legal process.
3. What about cookies?
We use tracking tools like browser cookies and web beacons to collect information from you. We collect information about users over time when you use this website or any apps that we may make available on our website. We may have third parties collect personal information this way.
Cookies are small files that download when you access certain websites. We use tracking tools:
- To recognise new or past customers.
- To improve our website.
- To serve you with interest-based or targeted advertising as permitted by law.
- To observe your behaviors and browsing activities over time across multiple websites or other platforms as permitted by law.
- To better understand the interests of our customers and our website visitors.
Your browser may give you the ability to control cookies. How you do so depends on the type of cookie. Certain browsers can be set to reject browser cookies.
At any time, you are given the opportunity to adjust your settings relating to cookies.
Use the “Help” section in your web browser to learn how to block new cookies, receive notification of new cookies or disable cookies.
To assist you in this process, we have provided links to the “Help” section of some of the most popular web browsers:
– Internet Explorer™ : http://windows.microsoft.com/fr-FR/windows-vista/Block-or-allow-cookies
– Safari™ : http://support.apple.com/kb/PH5042
– Chrome™ : http://support.google.com/chrome/bin/answer.py?hl=fr&hlrm=en&answer=95647
– Firefox™ : http://support.mozilla.org/fr/kb/Activer%20et%20d%C3%A9sactiver%20les%20cookies
– Opera™ : http://help.opera.com/Windows/10.20/fr/cookies.html
4. Who uses the personal data collected by ILA?
Personal data collected on ILA website may be communicated to authorized ILA personnel in order to provide all or part of the services described above.
5. How secure is your information?
We implement reasonable administrative, organisational and technical safeguards and security measures to protect personal information within our control from unauthorized access, acquisition, disclosure, destruction or alteration, accidental loss, misuse or damage. We regularly review and monitor such safeguards and security measures.
6. How long will ILA keep your information?
To the extent permissible by applicable law, we will retain your personal information for such period as necessary to satisfy or to fulfill the following:
- the purposes for which that personal information was provided,
- an identifiable and ongoing business need, including record keeping,
- a specific legal or regulatory requirement, and/or
- a requirement to retain records that may be relevant to any notified regulatory investigations or active legal proceedings.
Where there is no sufficient justification to retain such personal information, such personal information will be safely and securely deleted, disposed of, anonymised and/or blocked.
7. What can you do if you have any questions or concerns or want to access your personal data?
Our Data Protection Officer will be happy to answer any concerns or queries you may have relating to the use or storage of your personal data. Your principal rights under the European Union General Data Protection Regulation are: (a) the right to access; (b) the right to rectification; (c) the right to erasure; (d) the right to restrict processing; (e) the right to object to processing; (f) the right to data portability; (g) the right to complain to a supervisory authority; and (h) the right to withdraw consent. You may exercise any of these rights in relation to your personal data by contacting our Data Protection Officer. Our Data Protection Officer can be contacted by email at email@example.com or by post at Institut Linguistique Adenet, 33 Grand Rue Jean Moulin 34000 Montpellier, France.
8. What about linked websites?
The linking of third party websites to this website does not indicate any association with or endorsement by ILA. ILA does not assume responsibility or liability of any nature whatsoever for the activities conducted or information contained in the third party websites.
* “ILA”, “we”, “us” and “ourselves” refers to Institut Linguistique Adenet. Institut Linguistique Adenet is “data controllers”. The contact details for the data controller(s) are: by email at firstname.lastname@example.org and by post at Institut Linguistique Adenet, 33 Grand Rue Jean Moulin 34000 Montpellier, France.
Effective Date: 24 May 2018